Thursday, January 7, 2010

Always check your bulk mail!

So there it was "Are you still interested? We'd love to have your help we think you'd be perfect for her."
In my JUNK MAiL BOX...duh!
Days had passed, I hadn't contacted them, thinking I'd been passed by, now I look like a flake (so L.A.) I hadn't even mentioned the idea to my boyfriend or our son, I'd been so sure I'd be turned down, and now time had to be closing in, UGH!! You know what they say about assuming..it makes an A** out of you and me!! So there it was, I'd assumed wrong and now I'd put myself and this pooch in a real pickle. David hates when I back him into a corner, I mean doesn't anyone? The woman probably thinks I'm irresponsible and unrealiable now, what to do, what to do?
So I did what any mature, upfront woman would do...
I had my son get on the computer with me and showed him pictures of the "pregnant mama dog" that "needs hep" uh huh, I did it, I used the kid...Of course he thought she was beautiful and the idea of not 1 but a whole litter of puppies, fun fun and more fun!!
Then I went armed with my son's support of the idea to my boyfriend, to ask the unthinkable...
Could I please have someone else's pregnant dog into our home, over the holidays, change our routines, inconvenience our dogs and take on this great responsibility as a FAMILY...
Ogf course I assumed he'd say NO, not just NO but hell NO, forget about it, are you nuts, what are you thinking...I could see it now...he'd look at me incredulously and refuse my request.
So I asked him and he said-
"Sure just make sure the master bedroom is clean, so she can have a safe private spot."
Sure?
Really?
Did you hear what I asked?
You know what they say about assume...
So the next morning on my day to work I called the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment