Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You'd be surprised what life can bring

I wanted to make this Christmas special, afraid that by next year some grinchy naysayer would burst my son's Santa bubble. I began searching the internet for puppies, who wouldn't love a puppy under the tree? A few days in, after many disappointments, BYB pretending to be adopting out little ones when really they were breeding and selling I had given up and was comfortable believing 2 Akitas and a horse were enough for any kid and that a BIG box item would have to suffice for early morning Christmas glee.The next night, simply out of habit, I searched again..."Pregnant Mama Dog needs help"...jumped from the screen. Inside was a brief description and lovely photo of Roo. A young German Shepard mix who had been abandoned pregnant and at the end of her 24 hours alloted by CA law, narrowly saved by a no kill rescue. She needed a foster home and was expecting a litter in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment